This is a place for me to get all sticky and shit.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Budget-minded Deviants Save Money...BDSM

The past few months, I've been reconnecting with my BDSM past. I've been twisted for quite some time, but my BDSM pursuits for the past few years have been pretty much self centered. Lately, I've been getting back into the BDSM activities that involve others. My hiatus was really tied to my meth addiction. When I lived in San Francisco and was heavily into the BDSM scene, I was also a meth addict. It has taken me quite a few years of sobriety to be able to connect the dots without the drugs. No small feat, trust me. But, now I'm getting there and so I've been resupplying my tool box of implements of torture.

Let's face it, lots of the gear for BDSM play is not cheap. Get yourself a good leather hood, a flogger, some leather restraints, a variety of nipple clamps, a blindfold and a gag and you're already up over $500. Throw in a harness, chaps, pants, vest, some e-stim gear, sounds, catheters, etc and you can easily reach into the thousands of dollars.

I like to think of ways to find BDSM gear cheap, and in some cases make my own. Below are some ideas for the frugal minded pervert. This is clearly not an exhaustive list, but there are some $$ savers here.

A whole scene for dom and sub for less than $50

Head out to the local Dollar Store, Hardware Store, etc and you can find the following:
  • Clothespins in a variety of sizes - $1-$2
  • Duct Tape - $1
  • Fly swatter - $1
  • Rubber gloves, either First Aid or Kitchen Gloves - $2-$3

OK, now head on over to your local Army/Navy Surplus and find the following:
  • Knit Ski Mask (I have them in black and olive) - $4
  • 100 feet of climbing rope - $10
  • Dickies coverall or aviator flight suit - $25
Here's how to put it all together (please note, if you are not familiar with bondage and corporal punishment, please seek out experienced people to show you how to do it right. Not doing it right can result in injury to one or both parties....any experienced BDSM player worth a shit will be happy to take you under their wing and teach you...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!)

The coverall is for the Top/Dom. These are a cheap replacement for leather chaps, vests, etc etc. Get it in black and you've got great fetish gear for a solid BDSM scene. Get it in other colors and the sky is the limit. Olive for a military scene, blue for a mechanic/garage scene...you get the idea. The front zips all the way open from the top or the bottom (great for accessing a hard cock). You can cut off the sleeves if you want a different version. I like to cut off the sleeves on mine, I paid good money for my ink and like to show it off. It is also easy to get in and out of these, much faster than say putting on or taking off a pair of leather chaps or pants.

The climbing rope is for the bottom/sub. With 100 feet, the Top should be able to bind them in all sorts of great positions. Shorter lengths work best, so cut that 100 feet into a number of pieces. Try a 30', an 18', three 12', and some 6 foot pieces (give or take). Again, if you don't know what you are doing, get some info first before you try to go it alone. There is a wealth of information online, as well as books, workshops, or again, hooking up with a knowledgeable player for some instruction.

Once you have the bottom tied up, you can put on the hood, blindfold and/or gag. Wait, you don't have those??? Sure you do, get out the ski mask and the duct tape. Hood = ski mask. Stuff a dirty sock or jock in the bottoms mouth and then run some duct tape around it, nice gag. Place something over the eyes to protect them (a paper towel or washcloth will do), wrap with duct tape, et viola, instant blindfold. Take care with the duct tape. You want to stick it to itself, not lips or eyelids. Also, helpful hint, after you wrap the duct tape, fold over the end just a bit. This will allow you to grab it and rip it off without cutting or picking at the end. Personally, I think this hood/gag/blindfold set up is HOT HOT HOT!! has a really great abduction vibe to it.

Want to add a chastity device to the bottom? Take one of the rubber gloves, fill it with their package and then bind with duct tape. If they even think of getting hard, they will be squirming. (Again, the duct tape goes on the glove not on the delicate skin of the crotch). I know it sounds devious to put the tape on the skin, but I've seen first hand that some brands of duct tape will actually rip skin when it is pulled off. Not the goal here :-)

OK, now the fun begins. Clothespins are great just about anywhere. Nips, balls, cock, thighs, ass, chest, you name it. Remember that the fun in clothespins is not the application, it is the removal. When the clothespin is applied, it compresses the tissue and restricts blood flow. When it is removed, blood rushes back into the area and the nerves are overwhelmed. A lot of new bottoms are so proud that they can have so many pins applied at once, only to realize they are paying for it when the pins are removed. You could spend many play sessions, just exploring the various ways to play with a $1 bag of clothespins. When you want to get really fancy, try a "zipper". Some great clothespin info can be found just by googling. Here is one page with some great info.

How about that fly swatter? Makes a great paddle for ass, cock and balls, nips. Or, you can make yourself a home made flogger with some of the climbing rope, again google for instructions for many options. The possibilities are endless and really only limited by your deviant mind!!!!

If you want to spend a few more bucks, grab yourself a cheap gas mask at the military surplus for $15-$25 bucks. These are very useful. You can put duct tape over the eyes and you've got a mask AND blindfold. Grab some wooden spoons at the Dollar Store and a can of Tool Dip at the hardware store. Tool Dip is a liquid plastic/rubber that is used for handles of pliers, wrenches, etc. However, if you dip a wooden spoon in it and allow to dry, you've got a great rubber paddle for cheap!!

Don't get me wrong, all the leather gear and expensive toys have their place. I love my e-stimgear and my sounding and pumping gear, but the basics are often the best. If you can get creative with $50, imagine what you can do with the specialized toys.

Finally, if you don't have a pair, get yourself a pair of Jungle or Jump boots at your local military surplus. Jungle boots can be had for $20-$40 and Jump boots run $50-$80. A good pair will last your for many years and are without a doubt the best investment I've made in all of my gear.

If you have any home made ideas, share them in the comments. I know I'm not the only deviant out there :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this awesome post! I'm pointing my partner in the direction of it for his enlightenment as well. I'm especially glad that I started following you on twitter. =) (trevordiamond/whiteligtrtrev on twitter)

    ReplyDelete