This is a place for me to get all sticky and shit.

Friday, October 1, 2010

The kindness of strangers...and friends

Almost 20 years ago, I was fortunate enough to come into contact with an amazing man. Jack Yount was a pioneer in piercing and body modification/manipulation. He pierced my nipples first and then eventually did my PA. Jack was the most decorated and modified man, I had ever encountered, and still one of the most to this day. When I went to him to get pierced, it was at his home in Zephyrhills, FL back in the early 90's. I had received a recommendation of the guy who ran the leather shop in the 2606 leather bar in Tampa. I contacted Jack and he sadi, "Sure, I'm free now, come and hang out, bring your suit for the pool and then we'll do your nipples." Mind you, I had not even met this guy before and he was already inviting me to hang out and swim in his pool. I would come to learn that that was who Jack was and how he was with everyone.

We developed an instant friendship. Jack was a love, and I miss him to this day. Jack's many travels and friendship with Swiss photographer Stephan Richter was the reason that I got my PA. Jack had a photo that he took of this beautiful cock with just a PA. It has a black background and was a close up of the cock. It was actually pretty famous. I saw that photo and immediately asked Jack to do a PA for me. Jack knew how much I loved that photo, so on one trip to see Stephan, he got Stephan to sign a copy of it to me. I cherish it. Jack was actually in Europe visiting Stephan when he passed.

Jack was not a rich man, but he was comfortable. When I met him I was 23/24 years old. He took me under his wing. He would call out of the blue and say, "we're grilling steaks, come on up" He was the most generous man I have known. One day he and his "friend" as he called him were going to Busch Gardens. I was a poor waiter at the time. He called and asked me to go. I hesitated as I had no money. He said, "I didn't ask if you could afford to go, I asked if you would join us." I met them for breakfast (his treat) and then followed them to the park. When I got to the gate to pay for my parking, they waved me on, saying that the gentleman in the car ahead of me had paid for my parking. He bought my ticket, bought me lunch, I think he even bought me a t-shirt. I was so thankful. He said not to even think about it. They were both old men, he said, and they loved experiencing the park through the eyes of a young person.

Jack owned the body jewelry company Silver Anchor and then split with his partner and started Bravo! Body Jewelry with some friends. Whenever Jack would come to visit me in San Francisco, he would bring me custom made jewelry just for me. He never let me pay him for it. I have a vivid memory of Jack coming to visit. He took BART to Muni and got off at Church Street and Market right across from my apartment. My living room looked out on the intersection. I was watching for Jack when what did I see but a man with curly grey locks and a wonderful bear with fire engine red leather pants, a fun shirt and rainbow rings around his neck. Now keep in mind that Jacks cock and balls were the size of an Eggplant, and it was bulged out for all to see! And there he was wheeling his luggage along behind him with a beaming smile.

Jack also provided my first experience with sounds. His "friend" loved to be sounded by Jack. One day they invited me to watch. I sat on the edge of the bed simultaneously squirming and getting hard as I watch the sounds slip in and then the intense orgasm. I was never asked to do anything I didn't want to do, and it was never intimated that I should repay Jack's kindness with sex. I was fascinated by all of Jack's modifications and loved to listen to him and his wonderful stories. He was so proud when I lived in SF and was up to 30 piercings at one point. It all started with him.

As with many times in life, I never got to tell him one last time how much I appreciated him and all he did for me. He was in SF to visit me and then was leaving for Europe the next week. He always called when he returned from a trip and after I had not heard from him for a week or so after, I called only to be told he had passed. As I grow older, I try to repay the kindness he showed me by doing the same for others. Fly a cute boy I met down for a long weekend, take a young guy for his first piercing, etc.

You know, it's so funny, because even by today's standards, Jack would be considered a freak by most Western cultures. Yet, he was the kindest, most down to earth person I have ever met. Taught me a valuable lesson in my early 20's to see beyond the shell.

A few links about Jack
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Jack_Yount
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Jack_Yount_Collection

1 comment:

  1. Kind and wonderful spirits never seem to fit into the "normal" mold. He sounds like a wonderful man, who made the world better for having been here.

    ReplyDelete